Rainbow Mountain 10 Important Tips To Have an Incredible Adventure
/ Travel Blog
/ Rainbow Mountain 10 Important Tips To Have an Incredible Adventure
Looking for adventure and a memorable experience in Peru? Here we have the place for you.
Rainbow Mountain also- known as Cerro Colorado is located in Vinicunca, province of Quipicanchis, Cusco. Its geological formations reveal all its glory and splendor making contrast with the bluest sky ever creating a wonderful barrier between its coast desert and the Amazon jungle. Rainbow Mountain is dominated by the majestic Ausangate (6384 m), one of the greatest “Apus” of this region. Rainbow mountain trip is one of the spectacular places at the Vilcanota Mountain range. It has a natural coloration and this is why, there are sedimentary stones in erosion. The most important fact is that the stone formation resembles a rainbow with its seven colors. Rainbow Mountain’s height is of approximately 5,000m above sea level.
If you are an adventurous traveler and you are planning to travel to Peru to hike this amazing place, this article is for you. Here you will find lots of information to plan and book your quota in advanced.
- 1. Acclimatize It is strongly recommended to arrive to Cusco at least 4 days prior hiking Rainbow Mountain. Since the Ausangate Rainbow Mountains is at 6384m above sea level it is extremely important to acclimatize in Cusco city before your wonderful adventure. You can drink Coca leaves tea, “muña” tea or take “Soroche” (High altitude sickness) pills.
Tips And Travel: 10 Amazing Tips To Have an Awesome Experience At The Inca Trail
- 2. Look for a serious Travel Agency Here in Cusco you can find lots of Travel Agencies, the most important thing to take into consideration is these agencies’ years of experience and seriousness. Our suggestion is that you look for a Travel Agency online and then visit it when you arrive to Cusco. >Tierras Vivas Travel Agency has 10 years of experience so far with lots of satisfied and pleased customers. You are more than welcomed to see our travel packages.
- 3. Packing the essentials You have to make sure you are taking all the things you need while trekking. You will be walking all the way through Ausangate Rainbow Mountain and you have to travel light. You need the following to have the greatest experience of your life. Warm clothes (in the evenings), use layers, rain pocho, sunscreen lotion, excellent trekking shoes (the path can get slippery and you need traction in your shoes to walk safely), lip balm.
- 4. Horses If you need to relax a little and enjoy the view you can rent horses for only 75 soles aprox. You can see horsemen all along the way up, so if you wish to hike first and then complete the trek rest riding a horse or viceversa they are willing to help you.
- 5. Toilets At the mountain you can find squat toilets in strategic places along the trek, use them appropriately.
- 6. Doing the hike on your own. Is it possible? You can do this hike on your own, but you must consider important aspects. First is the altitude, when you start the hike it begins at 4,600m above sea level and reaches up to 5,100m above sea level, if you have breathing problems or you faint while hiking, who would help you? This is why at Tierras Vivas your well-being is extremely important, our suggestion is to do this trek with a Travel Agency in order to avoid accidents or problems while hiking.
- 7. Do not rush while hiking. Take your time to experience every single detail of the hike. Walk at your own pace and forget about others’ walking rhythm. You will never know how much you will miss if you do not see the spectacular view this mountain offers.
- 8. Keep yourself hydrated. Your body will be working more than usual besides the high altitude sickness you must take into consideration drinking liquids in order to keep your body hydrated. Remember there are squat toilets on the way up, there will be no problems for you at all.
- 9. Bring healthy snacks and fruits. Taking healthy snacks and fruits in your backpack is as important as keeping yourself hydrated. You need energy to keep on going and this is the way to do it. You need to eat but feel light for the hike, so no junk food.
- 10. You can do it. It is extremely important to have a positive attitude while having a wonderful experience such as hiking Rainbow Mountain. You must set a goal to do something different in your life. We at Tierras Vivas invite you to come and experience the greatest adventure of all. Come to Ausangate Rainbow Mountain!
The Responsible People foundation is registered under the Peruvian Non-Profit Organization Act. With an annual contribution from Inca Trail Machu
, we support our operating costs as well as a significant portion of project development costs.